Location: Plymouth or Bodmin
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for setting a product vision and strategy to accord with overall company goals set by the board of management. To clearly articulate the business value to the product (engineering?) team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. The product manager owns the roadmap and must prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product.
This role provides the deep product expertise needed to lead the organization and make strategic product decisions. They will be working with the ‘Business Manager’ to analyse market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value important cross-functional leadership — most notably between development, marketing, sales, and support teams.
- Define and refine product strategy based on the company vision
- Manage the products from vision, strategy, through roadmap to delivery and ongoing iterations
- Integrate business analytics and operational excellence in every aspect of design and development, and define metrics to measure the success of products.
- Actively engage and communicate clearly with stakeholders at all levels, and particularly in the NHS community
- Manage, coach and motivate Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Understand our customers through analysis, various feedback channels, research and direct interaction
- Contribute to selection of, and commercial terms with, partners/suppliers
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of proven track record of successful agile project on-time implementation.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and commercial environment that operates using agile methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences, at all levels and in all mediums from email to written and oral presentations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Must be a good fit for the company culture of a family firm, but have ability to influence change and promote business agility.
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, and setting up product demonstrations and company user groups.