Software Developer Level 2 or 3
Knowledge & Skills
The post holder should have relevant qualifications in computer science.
As a snapshot, Microtest is currently interested in the following technologies
- Object Oriented (class and prototype based), Event-Driven, Imperative, Procedural & Declarative programming paradigms
- Dependency injection.
- Unit testing.
- Data structure design, modelling and representation. Information metrics, graphs and trees and algorithms. Data perpetuation and transport.
- MySQL and MSSQL
- Windows, Linux and Unix OS. Windows desktop UI programming.
- MVC programming for desktop and web.
- Frameworks: .NET, Mono, QT, Laravel, AngularJS
- Asynchronous processing and parallelisation.
- Revision control and issue tracking.
- Waterfall, agile and lean development.
Good verbal and written communications skills are necessary. Having previous experience of dealing with clinical safety would be highly advantageous.