Location: Bodmin and/or Plymouth
- Leads and coaches the cross-functional team (+30 individuals), both technically and in managerial aspects.
- Understands the required skills and capacity necessary to deliver the project pipeline
- Designs and establishes the team either with permanent or variable workforce by hiring, training, coaching, mentoring.
- Maintain a continuous strategy of personal improvement and monitor progress and results against set targets per individual.
- Carry out regular appraisals that recognise efforts and corrects deficiencies supported with development plans.
- Maintain and improve existing processes and will define, deploy and drive new sustainable processes, throughout the development cycle.
- Tailors and implements software development methodologies, standards and best practice.
- Define and measure key performance indicators, define corrective actions on measurable metrics.
- The candidate is also responsible for the project management of the production pipeline.
- Familiar with different software development life cycles, such as Waterfall, Agile, or Rational Unified Process.
- Delivery of product roadmaps, projects, change requests and defect resolutions.
- Elicits and maintains the necessary project intelligence to ensure cross department collaboration and visibility to key stakeholders.
- Ensure project deviations are addressed promptly and efficiently, minimizing effects on deadlines and budgets.
- Metric-driven, customer-centric focus to execution and delivery in balance with business needs.
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to a degree level in Computer Science , Mathematics, Physics or similar or able to demonstrate proven track or experience and equivalent skills
- Proven experience in Software Management and Software team management
- Strong communication, listening, negotiation and facilitations skills: team leadership comfortable with conflict management.
- Strong background in project management, training in project management would be desirable.
- Good understanding of technologies C++,C#, .NET,SQL, PHP, WEB.
- Proven experience as a software developer.