Data (Migration) Engineers (3 levels)
Salary: £18-£40k doe
Location: Bodmin and/or Plymouth
- Using a firm understanding of the whole data and application life cycle, is capable of rapidly and efficiently introducing him/herself with ongoing developments of different areas. To manage the transformation and manipulation of data in order to transfer data between computer solutions.
- Masters design of data structures for optimal storage, creation, retrieval or data mining.
- Proficient with Statistical Data analysis, modelling, and regression
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation to work within project timelines and budgets
- Coaches juniors and transfers existing and new acquired knowledge to peers
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies and coach other team members to improve skills
- Manage source code and version control using GIT
- Work independently or in conjunction with other developers as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the data team and the wider technology organization
Knowledge & Skills (Level 3 – Senior)
- SQL Experience with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries
- have a good background in software development (C++, C#, JS) and or mathematics, either by training or experience
- Have an understanding of common database technologies.
- Experience in building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence projects will be advantageous
- Experience in preparing system design documents, use cases, test cases and other systems documentation
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical personnel in different units
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (e.g., collaborate with team members, users and back-end programmers)
- Have good exposure to DBA skills for MySQL
- Experience with MySQL database design & architecture, administration, implementation and management
- Experience with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling, schema designs
- Familiarity with Linux administration would be an advantage
- Experience with production support, change control protocols
- Experience managing highly available environments and configurations
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Experience with working in an Agile software development environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities
- coach and mentor more junior members and spreads knowledge within the team
- demonstrate leadership, team and project management skills