Clinical Systems IT Trainer (EVOLUTION)
Main Purpose of Job
To train GP Practice staff throughout the Country and internal staff in the use of the Evolution clinical system and associated programs. To provide, develop and maintain associated training material and to maintain and update the on-line manual. To manage all aspects of administration relating to training events.
To assist with software demonstrations at major exhibitions / road-shows and other key sales events when required throughout the Country.
- To liaise with Practices and CCG’s, to identify training needs within their area
- Responding to enquiries / queries regarding training and attending meetings & User Group meetings
- Organising, planning & delivering training sessions, and informing Accounts of training to be charged
- Delivering 1:1, 1:many and webEx style training and having the ability to adapt the training session to meet user requirements
- Develop and maintain up to date training hand-outs and monitor the training evaluation process in liaison with other Training Team members and the line manager.
- Maintain / update the Evolution on-line manual
- To promote the Company and its’ products and to maintain a knowledge of current and future developments with the Company
- To take support calls from the Service Desk when in the office, ensuring the call is logged & updated accordingly
- Aid with the creation of release notes and training material including delivering internal training sessions to other departments.
- Attend exhibitions, road-shows and other Sales Events in order to demonstrate the clinical software and assist with questions relating to the products.
- Able to travel extensively with relevant away stays
Knowledge & Skills
The post holder should have a good general education, excellent keyboard, interpersonal and communication skills. A medical background, preferably within General Practice and previous use of Evolution would be desirable but is not essential. He/she should be able to work under pressure, and have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines with minimal or no supervision. General computing qualifications and an understanding of principles such as databases, file systems, system lifecycle & networking. The post holder must have a clean, full and current UK Driving Licence.
Having previous experience of dealing with clinical safety would be highly advantageous.